Allentown Art Museum
Little more than 90 minutes west of Manhattan and one hour
north of Philadelphia, the Allentown Art Museum is located at 31 North Fifth
Street, between Linden and Hamilton Streets, in Allentown, PA.
Public parking is available on the south side of Linden
Street west of Sixth Street and on Sixth Street between Hamilton and Walnut
streets (behind Federal Grill). On-street parking is also available.
Exhibition hours and admission fees are available through
the Museum's website.
Google Book Searches conducted
in 2008 and 2013 by Traditional Fine Arts Organization
(TFAO) located the following brochures, catalogues and gallery guides
published on paper in connection with the Museum and with a topic of American representational art. The list
may not include all relevant publications. Titles are listed by date of
publication, with most recent listed first. Information on publications
may be in error or incomplete. Titles may be followed by links to related
essays published by Resource Library. See
Definitions for more information on finding
brochures, catalogues and gallery guides using TFAO's website..
- Charles F. Ramsey: Father of New Hope Modernism by Thomas Folk,
Charles F. Ramsey, Christine I. Oaklander - Art - 2003 - 32 pages Catalog
of an exhibition held at the Allentown Art Museum from March 30 to June
- Treasures of the Greater Lehigh Valley by Martha Young Hutson,
Christine I. Oaklander, David R. Brigham, Allentown Art Museum - History
- 2003 - 48 pages Features examples from the collections of artistic organizations
in Berks, Lehigh, and Northampton counties in Pennsylvania: Allentown Art
Museum, The Baum...
- Jessica Todd Harper: Scenes from a Marriage Diary : December 23-February
17 ... by Jessica Todd Harper, Allentown Art Museum - 2001 Catalog
of an exhibition.
- Walter Emerson Baum, 1884-1956: Pennsylvania Artist and Founder
of the Baum ... by Martha Young Hutson-Saxton, Walter E. Baum - Painting,
American - 1996 Catalog of an exhibition held at the Allentown Art Museum,
March 24-June 16, 1996.
- Walter Emerson Baum, Pennsylvania Artist,
1884-1956; essay by Martha Hutson-Saxton (3/9/05)
- Restraint & Surrender by Sarah Anne McNear, Ken Graves,
Eva Lipman, Allentown Art Museum - Photography, Artistic - 1994 - 20 pages
"An exhibition organized by the Allentown Art Museum ... February
3-April 30, 1995"--P.2 of cover.
- Joan Snyder: Works with Paper by Sarah Anne McNear, Joan Snyder,
Allentown Art Museum - 1993 - 56 pages
- "An exhibition organized by the Allentown Art Museum, Allentown,
Pennsylvania, October 8, 1993-January 2, 1994"--T.p. verso. ISBN 1882011473.
Original from the University of Michigan. Digitized Nov 8, 2007. Snippet
- Gustav Grunewald: 1805-1878, by Peter F. Blume, Allentown Art
Museum - 1992 - 48 pages
- Jack Carnell, Pursuits of Happiness: Essay by Sarah Anne McNear,
Jack Carnell, Allentown Art Museum - Photography, Artistic - 1990 Published
on the occasion of the exhibition: Jack Carnell, pursuits of happiness,
at the Allentown Art Museum, May 13-July 8, 1990.
- Edward Redfield: First Master of the Twentieth Century Landscape
by Thomas Folk, Allentown Art Museum, Butler Institute of American
Art - 1987 - 110 pages
- Exhibition held Sept. 20, 1987-Jan. 10, 1988 at the Allentown Art Museum,
and Feb. 14-Apr. 2, 1988 at the Butler Institute of American Art.
- The Pennsylvania School of Landscape Painting: An Original American
... by Thomas Folk, Allentown Art Museum - Pennsylvania school of landscape
painting - 1984 - 95 pages Catalogue of an exhibition held at the Allentown
Art Museum and others, Sept. 16, 1984-Sept. 2, 1985
- Justin McCarthy. by Allentown Art Museum - 1985. Exhibition
- John Opie Paintings: June 3-July 29, 1984 by John Mart Opie,
Peter F Blume, Allentown Art Museum - 1984. Introduction by Peter F. Blume,
- The Artist's Studio in American Painting, 1840-1983: Allentown Art
Museum ... by Richard N. Gregg, Allentown Art Museum - Artists' studios
in art - 1983 - 72 pages
- Snippet view
- Anne T. Goodman Paintings and Sculpture, Allentown Art Museum, April
17-June ... by Anne T. Goodman - 1983 - 20 pages
- Anne T. Goodman: Paintings and Sculpture;
essay by Richard N. Gregg (4/13/05
- Peter Alfred Gross (1849-1914), Pennsylvanian Expatriate, October
14-November 25, 1979, Allentown Art Museum, 1979 - 24 pages
- Howard Chandler Christy, Artist/Illustrator of Style: September
25 through November 6, 1977, Allentown Art Museum, 1977 - 56 pages
- The American Flag in the Art of Our Country ; June 14 Through November
14, 1976. by Pa ) Allentown Art Musuem (Allentown - 1976
- Salute to Norman Rockwell by Columbus Gallery of Fine Arts -
Artists, American - 1976
- Salute to Norman Rockwell; essay by
Richard N. Gregg (4/13/05)
- Pennsylvania Folk Art, October 20 Through December 1, 1974.: October
20 ... by Allentown Art Museum, Pa Allentown - Folk art - 1974
- CITY IN AMERICAN PAINTING. 1973
- Recent Paintings by Robert Dash: November 5 - November 28, 1971.
by John Ashbery - 1971 - 8 pages. Photograph of and professional data
on the artist on inside back cover.
- Henry Strater by Henry Strater - 1971 Typewritten copy.
- Early American Pewter: John J. Evans, Jr. Collection, Allentown
Art Museum, January 7-March 14, 1966, by John Joseph Evans,
- Allentown Art Museum, 1966 -14 pages
Book information courtesy of Google Books.
The potential for the essays in the above books to be placed
online for free access by the public is of interest to TFAO. For information
on digitizing initiatives from non profit organizations please see digitizing initiatives. Also please see commercial ventures. For information on two
of TFAO's digitizing initiatives please click here
for the Institutional Sources Study Project, here
for the Collections-Centric Scholarly Texts Project, here
for Resource Library's Scholarly texts services to Institutions,
and here for TFAO's grant program for
conversion of analog text to digital files and online publication of scholarly
Links to sources of information outside of our web site
are provided only as referrals for your further consideration. Please use
due diligence in judging the quality of information contained in these and
all other web sites. Information from linked sources may be inaccurate or
out of date. Traditional Fine Arts Organization,
neither recommends or endorses these referenced organizations. Although
TFAO includes links to other web sites, it takes no responsibility for the
content or information contained on those other sites, nor exerts any editorial
or other control over them. For more information on evaluating web pages
see TFAO's General Resources section
in Online Resources for Collectors and Students of Art History.
Why was this sub-index page prepared?
When Resource Library publishes over time
more than one article concerning an institution, there is created as an
additional resource for readers a sub-index page containing links to each
Resource Library article or essay concerning that institution, plus
available information on its location and other descriptive information.
Unless otherwise noted, all text and image materials
relating to the above institutional source were provided by that source.
Before reproducing or transmitting text or
images please read Resource Library's user
Traditional Fine Arts Organization's catalogues provide many more useful resources:
Resource Library for thousands of articles and essays on American
Copyright 2013 Traditional Fine Arts Organization, Inc., an Arizona nonprofit corporation. All rights